1. Going for a lovely walk in Isabella Plantation in Richmond Park.
2. I’m really happy with how my #100embroideredflowers project is going.
3. I’m doing a writing course at the moment and absolutely loving it, my first pieces have just been assessed and I got some comments I’m really pleased with, particularly as I’m a massive fan of the author running the course, honestly, this was me when I read the comments. Anyway, one of the things that I enjoyed this week on the course was this warm up exercise, which wasn’t assessed but as I’m quite proud of it, I’m putting it up here.
4. When not embroidering flowers, I’m currently indulging in my Dropcloth habit. I’m currently working on a Dropcloth sampler that I’ve unbeknown to me, had for ages, it was in a little envelope in the back of Rebecca Ringquist’s Embroidery Workshops book. Anyway, I’m having a lot of fun working on it and I’ve learnt a particularly cool new stitch, the woven picot stitch.
5. And to top a good week, I’ve found a new book series that I love, okay, the series is only two books long, so far, and I’m already on the second book, having devoured the first but the first book, Carter & Lovecraft by Jonathan L Howard was one of those instantly get-in-to-able books, maths, magic, a private eye and a cool bookstore, perfect!